HIJAB - Complete protection for women
Author: Mufti Hafidh Syed Ziauddin Naqshbandi Qadri,
Professor, Islamic Law, Jamia Nizamia,
Founder/Director Abul Hasanaat Islamic Research Center.
  Home page     View All Books>
 
Category List

>> Introduction
>> Is this freedom?
>> Modesty – A major branch of Iman
>> Need for Hijab
>> The ill-effects of immodesty
>> The domains of men and women
>> Need for guarding one’s gaze
>> Lewd gazing A poisonous arrow of Satan
>> Prohibition of Describing the Beauty of a Non-Mahram Lady
>> Reward of refraining from Lewd Glances
>> Immodesty leads to adultery
>> Guarantee of Jannah on Assurance of Six Things
>> Degrees of Hijab
>> The Logic Behind Hijab For The Face
>> For whom is it allowed to see the face
>> Qualities of Burqa
>> Maintaining Hijab with the husband's brother
>> Satan watches a woman who does not practice Hijab
>> Hijab in Ihram
>> Exemption From The Order of Hijab For Old Women
>> Is The Voice Of Women included in Hijab?
>> It is impermissible to see non-Mahram male without any valid reason
>> Shaking hands with non-Mahram men is not permissible
>> Islamic Ruling For Women Stepping Out Of The House For Education
>> Women's Employment
>> Can a Woman Work as air-hostess?
>> Islamic rules of getting a facial
>> Using wigs, etc. for women
>> Modern hair for women
>> Tying hair in a bun
>> Summary of Islamic rules and guidelines of Hijab
>> IMAGE

 
 
Maintaining Hijab with the husband's brother

Islam has always kept aims and objectives in mind.  Because the intent is to protect the chastity and honor of women dignity, checks have been imposed on every quarter from where there is a danger to the dignity and chastity of women even though it may be in the home itself.  A brother-in-law who is the brother of husband may turn out to be dangerous to the chastity of the lady.  That's why the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) had declared him as death for sister-in-law.  This is because for a modest and chaste lady, any attack on her chastity is death itself.

 

Hence, there is a Hadith in Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim:

 

Translation of Hadith:  It has been narrated on the authority of Hadhrat ‘Uqba bin Aamir (May Allah be well pleased with him) that the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said:  Avoid visiting women.  A Sahabi asked:  O Prophet of Allah (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam), what do you say about the husband’s brother?  The Holy Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said: The husband’s brother is death.  (Sahih Bukhari, Hadith No. 4831)

 

The meaning of this is that the way everybody wants to save oneself from death and if there is a life-threatening situation, then everybody would prefer saving one’s life, in the same way in spite of there being a relationship, one should prefer practicing Hijab with the husband’s brother as well.

 
 
Share |
Download
Download Book in pdf
 
Book Counter
This Book Viewed:
4477 times
 
Search
 

 

     

Copyright 2008 - Ziaislamic.com All Rights Reserved