Excellence of Riyaz Ul Jannah
Riyaz Ul Jannah means a garden and row of Jannah. This is the sacred area which is between the pulpit of Masjid Nabawi and the house of the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam). There is a Hadith about this:
Translation: It has been narrated on the authority of Hadhrat ‘Abdullah Bin Zaid Maazni (May Allah be well pleased with him) that the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said: The area between my house and pulpit is a garden among the gardens of Jannah. Sahih Bukhari, Hadith No. 1195)
After Masjid Haram, Masjid Nabawi and Masjid Al Aqsa, Masjid Quba is superior to all other Masjid of the world. In Madinah, the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) first offered Salaat in this Masjid. Two Raka’at offered here have the reward of 1 ‘Umrah. There is a Hadith in Sunan Ibn Majah:
Translation: Whoever comes to Masjid Quba from their house in a pure (state of Taharah) and offers 2 Raka’at, will be given the reward of 1 ‘Umrah.
(Sunan Ibn Majah., Hadith No: 1477; Jame’ Ul Ahadith, Hadith No: 21785, Jame’ Ul Kabeer Lis Suyuti, Hadith No: 4516, Kanz Ul Ummal, Hadith No: 34963)
There is another Hadith in Jame’ Tirmidhi and other books of Hadith:
Translation of Hadith: Salaat in Masjid Quba is like an ‘Umrah.
This Hadith is present in the following books:
- Jame’ Tirmidhi, Hadith No: 325
- Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith No: 1476.
- Al Mo’jam Kabeer, Hadith No: 569
- Shu‘abul Iman, Hadith No: 4031
- Musnad Abu Ya’ala Musili, Hadith No: 7015
- As Sunan Sughra, Hadith No: 1824
- Jame’ Ul Ahadith, Hadith No: 13639
- Jame’ Ul Kabeer Lis Suyuti, Hadith No: 119
- As Sunan Kubra, Hadith No: 10594
- Kanz Ul Ummal, Hadith No: 34962